To earn the Bobcat rank the new Cub Scout must do the following:
1. Learn and say the CUB SCOUT PROMISE and complete theHonesty Character Connection.
Know: Discuss these questions with your family. What is a promise? What does it mean to "keep your word?" What does honesty mean? What does it mean to "do your best?"
Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to keep your word? List examples.
Practice: Discuss with family members why it is important to be trustworthy and honest and how can you do your best to be honest when you are doing the activities in Cub Scouting.
CUB SCOUT PROMISE
"I (name) promise to do my best
2. Say the LAW OF THE PACK. Tell what it means.
LAW OF THE PACK
"The Cub Scout follows Akela.
3. Tell what WEBELOS means.
"WE'll BE LOyal Scouts "
4. Show the CUB SCOUT SIGN. Tell what it means.
5. Show the CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE. Tell what it means.
6. Say the CUB SCOUT MOTTO. A motto is a guiding principle.
"Do Your Best"
7. Give the CUB SCOUT SALUTE. Tell what it means.
8. With your parent and/or guardian, complete the exercises in the booklet, How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.
The above items are the basic information that ALL Cub Scouts must learn, which is why EVERY boy who enters into Cub Scouting MUST earn the Bobcat Badge.